As another week on the Taylor Bennett Programme comes to an end I find myself becoming more and more familiar with PR sources that are out there. It has been during my time on the programme, that I have discovered an entire network of PR professionals and a community happy to offer their advice/opinions on the ever-growing industry.
Following my quest to gain knowledge of the PR industry, I’ve come across a number of great blogs, some of which I’ve decided to write about today. Below I have compiled a list of ten blogs I feel offer some fantastic content for PR professionals:
1. PRbuddy.org is a brilliant blog for students and young professionals. I didn’t even know this blog existed until recently after reading a recent published blogpost called – 10 essential digital tools that will help you become a better PR student. I really liked the content that is featured on PRbuddy.org and recommend this to anyone at junior entry level in their PR careers, students and anyone who is hoping to get into PR.
2. Michaelwhite.online is one of my favourites and I love the creative layout of his blog. It’s so eye-catching with a countdown feature that displays the number of articles that have been published, the followers he has and the number of coffees he’s drunk since his blog began. At 26 his already a Digital Account director at Lansons and I can see why! His blog offers well-written pieces so it’s definitely worth checking out especially if you’re a young PR professional. Check out his social page on his blog and while you’re at it his article – If you’re looking to get rich, blogging may not be the answer, which is a very humorous read.
3. Mark My Words by Mark Borkowski is a striking and artistic blog in terms of design. When I first visited this blog I was captivated by its clean layout and variety of content ranging from entertainment, crisis situations, celebrity and a dash of current affairs. Mark Borkowski’s blog is for a mature audience who have had several years of experience in the PR industry. Writing for a number of media publications and still in high demand from clients ranging from BP to BBC, I think his blog is one PR professionals should definitely visit.
4. Nevillehobson.com is a really cool, useful and informative blog with many updates on current affairs that are extremely helpful especially if you’re in the PR industry. I really liked his interactive social page that is linked to his live updates from his social platforms. With over 25 years’ experience in public relations, marketing, communications, employment and much more, Neville Hobson is a genius and his blog is clear for anyone to use. I would therefore encourage all levels of PR professionals to check it out!
5. Stephen Waddington is a partner and chief engagement officer at Ketchum with a wealth of experience under his belt. His blog is clean, fresh and clear with blogposts for all levels of PR people. So if you have some time on your hands, I suggest you have a quick read with what’s trending and going on in the industry by visiting his blog and gaining exclusive insight from the man who once was President of CIPR in 2014.
6. Sarah Stimson’s blog offers such great advice and posts for people seeking advice on moving up or coming into the PR industry. I’ve been luckily enough to experience working with Sarah and have gained some great advice from attending her workshops since being on the programme. Anyone who wants to enter the PR industry or wants to gain some great tips for moving forward, Sarah Stimson’s blog is the blog to go to!
7. Berkeley PR blog is so artistic, contemporary and fresh with white, yellow and black designs. A blog that is inviting and doesn’t hurt my eyes with overwhelming content as I enter the homepage! It has to be one of my favourite blogs by far and has a variety of articles that young PR professionals would enjoy reading. So go ahead, enter the world of Berkeley PR!
8. Hotwirepr.com blog has a lovely simplicity to it that makes it enjoyable to read published pieces. It features opinion pieces, industry insight, PR news and spotlight content. So if you want to know more about what is going on in the industry or just want to have a good read, Hotwirepr.com is worth visiting.
9. PR Moment is such an easy PR blog to use as it offers a wide range of opinion pieces, insight into the industry and research. This blog is fantastic for individuals wanting to learn more about the industry.
10. Vuelio blog is an outstanding blog with four key sections that include some brilliant content including PR, marketing, media and public affairs. This blog is great for all PR professionals as it regularly updates articles that cover key trends, current affairs and opinion pieces on the industry as well as covering the four key sections mentioned above.
There it is. Ten blogs I’ve discovered during my several weeks on the Taylor Bennett Programme that I feel are worth checking out! I hope you find the blogs useful in your PR journey the way I have my fellow next PR generators. #Next Generation.